Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Sometimes they surprise you

A few nights ago I put Taylor to bed by myself. After we read a couple books out in the living I told him to go jump in bed while I had to do something quick. When I came into his room he was "reading" (looking at) a new book. He said he wanted to read this book too. So we prayed together and then I told him that he could read the book by himself and if he got tired then he could just fall asleep with the light on and I would come and turn it off later. It was about 9:10pm when I left his room as he was "reading". After I left his room I fully expected him to be jumping around in his bed or making crazy animal noises or peeing in his closet or something like that, but to my wonderful surprise I walked past his room at around 9:25 and he had turned off his bedside lamp by himself and was fast asleep! What a blessing!

No comments: