Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Money-wise

Taylor is really into playing "store". He brings something up to me and asks how much is costs. I'll give him a number and then he brings some pretend money (alphabet magnets and matchbox cars are his favorite currency). The other day, he and Autumn were playing outside and he came and said he needed stuff to fix the tire on his rocket car (our playset). I "sold" him what he needed. A few minutes later he came in and this is how the conversation followed.
Taylor: The rocket car can't be fixed. I need a new one. How much does it cost?
Mom: $15,000.
(Taylor pauses as he thinks about this price)
Mom: How much do you have?
Taylor: I have 10...thoughtful pause...I guess I better go back to work!

He then went back outside for a little bit then into the kitchen to get 15 magnets to pay me for a new rocket car.

He's got more wisdom already than a lot of people in their 30's. I was just glad he didn't reply, "just put it on my credit card!".

No comments: