Monday, September 24, 2007

The day in the life of a mom

It has taken me awhile to blog this but it was too classic to not write about. We got back from a long weekend in Iowa for Parkview's 75th anniversary Monday night. We had a blast and absolutely loved seeing family and friends (it had been way to long) but we were constantly on the go and the kids were pretty tired. Taylor has preschool Tuesdays at 9:30 am so we need to leave our house by 9;15 to be there in time. I thought I was doing so well that morning getting unpacked, re-organized, and even starting the laundry. Then about 9:10 all of the sudden chaos broke loose. Emery was hungry but I knew I didn't have time to feed him so he was not very happy. He then decided to explode out of his diaper and onesie leaving yellow, mustard poop all over (he usually only poops about once every 3-4 days). As I was cleaning him up, Autumn tells me she just peed in her underwear (which she doesn't do very often any more). I yell (sorry to say but that is the correct word) for her to go upstairs and get new underwear and shorts. She proceeds to take off her wet shorts and underwear downstairs on the landing. She neglected to tell me that she had also pooped(which is even more unusual for her), which it also fell onto the landing and then she stepped in it. She is walks around on the landing leaving more mess until I told her to freeze (our code word for STOP IMMEDIATELY!). So she is standing frozen on the steps with no pants and poop on her feet while I finish cleaning up Emery. I've been yelling at Taylor to go up and get me a onesie and he is looking like a deer caught in the headlights. Finally, he quietly asks, "a onesie for Emery or for Autumn". Good point. It is now about 9:20 and I quickly put Autumn in the bathtub, get her dressed again, and load all the kids in the car. We actually weren't as late as I expected. Instead of having things under control as I thought, I spent the day steam cleaning with my friend's carpet cleaner and also had to ask the kids for forgiveness for yelling at them and loosing it in general. Classic mom day!

5 comments:

Shadley said...

all in a day's work...i've been there sister. kids make life interesting!

MTR said...

Classic!

Heck, what's a little yelling now and then?

What's up with Emery pooping once every 3 or 4 days?! Before long he'll be pooping rabbit terds like nervous-Z, then you'll really know whose kid he is!

jamie said...

oh kim seriously my heart was starting to tighten up hearing all of that- doesn't that seriously happen when you're feelin good about life! :)

Deanna said...

i have similar stories that i could surely blog. Don't ask for God to give you patience, He may decide to test it! :) Oh, and Amelia went 7 days w/o pooping last week!

Anonymous said...

Oh I remember those days. Hang in there, all in a day's work for a mom with three kids at home. Just wait until they are all older...it may not literally be poop but you'll still be cleaning up messes and handling chaos.