I absolutely love Taylor's imagination, although I don't write down what he comes up with often enough. It is very common that he talks about "Sam" and Sam's friends, "Hook and Charlie". They have been Taylor's imaginary friends for over 1 1/2 yrs now. Today I learned more about Sam's world. See if this reminds you of another family :).
Taylor: I'm talking about Sam Bunny not Sam Maher (a friend of ours in South Carolina from which his imaginary friend originated). Sam has a sister Anna Grace who is 2 1/2, like Autumn. Sam's dad is Mr. Phone, his mom is Miss Keywood.
Me: Miss Kiwee?
Taylor: No, Miss K-E-Y-W-o-o-d!
Me: Oh, Miss Keywood.
Taylor: He also has a baby brother named Emery Lewis, like ours. All of them are the same age as us. They have the same birthdays, Sam's is September 22nd (also taylor's b-day)
Taylor: Sam lives in outerspace and I take my rocket car there in the middle of the night. They live on planet Tree. A Stampasaurus (Taylor has named this the biggest dinosaur ever) lives behind their wall fence (remember in NM all the houses pretty much have brick fences, ours has one along the back). The mommy Stampasaurus is 100 feet taller than our house and the daddy Stampasaurus is over 1000 feet taller. That's pretty tall!
Me: I love your imagination. It is so fun.
Taylor: Sam's not imaginary, he's invisible. I wish I was invisible. Actually, I can't be invisible here but I am invisible in outer space and on other planets. Sam and Anna Grace can be invisible all the time.
That's the gist of it, although it is definitely an on going conversation. I often ask if Hook, Charlie, or Sam are being naughty. Taylor used to say that sometimes Sam wasn't very nice to Autumn, but lately they have all been very caring and having a fun time with all :). Autumn was wanting to sit next to Anna Grace at lunch today and hold her hand!
No comments:
Post a Comment