Friday, February 13, 2009

Loving siblings

I love seeing how our kids love each other. It is such a blessing to see them genuinely love and care for each other. It is especially fun when it isn't prompted but I get a sneak peak when they don't know that I am watching.

Here is Emery loving on Mya. I set the bottle that I had made down to run and do something else before I started feeding Mya. I came back to Emery very intently feeding Mya, and doing a pretty good job for one who can't always feed himself without making a huge mess.

Taylor is also a very sweet, loving boy. He has really stepped up as a big brother and been a huge help. Here is a conversation I heard from the other room between he and Autumn when they didn't know I was listening...

Autumn: I love Mya best because she's a girl. Like you love Emery best.
Taylor: I love all of you best: mommy, daddy, you, Emery, and Mya. I love all of you. But I don't like it when you aren't nice to Emery, like when you don't share with him or when you are mean to him. That isn't loving and I don't like it when you treat him that way.

He said this in a very gentle, but matter of fact way. Then they just kept right on playing. I actually have noticed a difference in the way that Autumn has been treating Emery since then. She actually has made a noticeable effort to try and love on him more and share more with him instead of saying, "he's bothering me". Thanks Taylor for loving your sister enough to correct her.

1 comment:

codi said...

That is so sweet. What a precious conversation. We miss you guys and loving seeing pix. Gabe just mentioned the other day that he wanted to go to that one park he used to go to with Taylor and his daddy. Blessings to you all.