Saturday, April 04, 2009

Rethink your life

Taylor and I were in the car together by ourselves when all of the sudden he asks, "Mom, do you think you need to rethink your life?".

Where does this kid get these things? When I asked where he got that question, he just said, "I thought it up by myself." (actually sounds like some great advertising to me:). After laughing, I admitted that that was a very deep question. He pushed a little more, "Do you think you can answer it?"

Hmmm. It actually lead to a great discussion about how Zach and I have tried to be very intentional in how we live so that we are in line with Scripture, the gospel, and live in such a way that is pleasing to God. I was able to share how I can get too busy though and then not have as much time for what is truly the most important (God, family, etc).

Great discussion all inspired by my inquisitive, deep thinking 6 year old!

1 comment:

Carrie Sterner said...

His mind is amazing! What does God have in store for that little man? Can't wait to see.