Can I tell you how much I love this kid? What a sweet heart to want to give back to the tooth fairy (he included 2 pixie sticks with his note). He was glowing the next morning when he received a "your welcome" note back from her. This tooth fairy's heart was warmed :)
Monday, May 18, 2009
Does the Tooth Fairy know Jesus?
Taylor was very excited to lose his first tooth on a piece of celery a couple of days ago. He has been full of questions about the tooth fairy since then. Is she real? How big is she? How does she get into the house? etc, etc, etc. The kids know the truth about Santa Claus b/c we didn't want to cloud the meaning of Christmas but since the tooth fairy is just fun make believe without a whole lot of theological implications, we've decided to play along. One of Taylor's friends got $1.00 for his tooth so I thought maybe he'd be a little disappointed when he got $0.50 (we thought $1/tooth a little steep :)) but he seemed very satisfied with the explanation that she probably leaves different amounts depending on the family, their finances, and what they are used to. I thought that would be the end of the topic, but Taylor continued to be infatuated with the tooth fairy. He sweetly asked me, "Do you think the tooth fairy knows about Jesus?" I said I didn't know, but he could always write a letter to her if he wanted. He must have thought this was a good idea and thankfully he told me that he had written to her and left the note under his pillow. This is what I found...
Can I tell you how much I love this kid? What a sweet heart to want to give back to the tooth fairy (he included 2 pixie sticks with his note). He was glowing the next morning when he received a "your welcome" note back from her. This tooth fairy's heart was warmed :)
Can I tell you how much I love this kid? What a sweet heart to want to give back to the tooth fairy (he included 2 pixie sticks with his note). He was glowing the next morning when he received a "your welcome" note back from her. This tooth fairy's heart was warmed :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment