Friday, March 26, 2010

Amidals

A few weeks ago, we were all sitting in the girls' room for some rare, unplanned family time. Autumn was playing with her stuffed animals and all of the sudden proclaims, "I can't believe I'm 5 and I can't say 'aminals' yet!"
She used to say 'amidals' but recently moved to 'aminal'. We love it!

Anyway, she must have been practicing because a couple of days ago at the dinner table she was talking about animals and said 'animals' ever so slowly and carefully. Zach asked her to repeat it and sure enough she said, 'ani-mals' again. Drat! I'm so proud of her, but also a little sad. It was kind of her last hold out in speech and means she is growing up! :( I'll always love "AMIDALS"

2 comments:

Shadley said...

That is SO funny. I can't believe I'm five :) Hahaha. The other day, Elly said, "Hannah and Luke talk different than us, but we talk noymal, wite mama?" I had to laugh. She also tries very hard to say her "rrr" sound.

Kristi said...

We still love it when Grace says ambulance which she says "ambliance". Even though they grow out of their cute sayings (we particularly like the Autumn says lip lops), you will always discuss the memories. We still call the remote, the mote since Becca started that one.