Birthday parties (well kids ones) are not my favorite so we normally opt for a family party in most instances (partly for expense, partly for simplicity, and partly for our own selfishness). This year Taylor asked if he could go rock climbing. So Zach decided to invite a couple of Taylor's friends and their dads along. He and a friend went to the rock climbing gym and then two of his other friends joined us for dinner after the climbing. It was spastic fun had by all, including a silly string fight. You can see Emery was not a fan of this...too messy :). I also labored to make a dragon cake with the directions I found online, not because I am a talented artist, but simply because I love my son! It actually wasn't as hard as I thought and definitely much easier than trying to write or draw something on a cake. Taylor loved it and it was fitting with his other present that he bought himself after saving up for a year (see previous post on the newest addition to our family).
Monday, September 27, 2010
Labor of Love
Birthday parties (well kids ones) are not my favorite so we normally opt for a family party in most instances (partly for expense, partly for simplicity, and partly for our own selfishness). This year Taylor asked if he could go rock climbing. So Zach decided to invite a couple of Taylor's friends and their dads along. He and a friend went to the rock climbing gym and then two of his other friends joined us for dinner after the climbing. It was spastic fun had by all, including a silly string fight. You can see Emery was not a fan of this...too messy :). I also labored to make a dragon cake with the directions I found online, not because I am a talented artist, but simply because I love my son! It actually wasn't as hard as I thought and definitely much easier than trying to write or draw something on a cake. Taylor loved it and it was fitting with his other present that he bought himself after saving up for a year (see previous post on the newest addition to our family).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love the cake! I can't believe Taylor is 8! Please tell him happy birthday for us... I hope you are doing well. We miss you guys!
Post a Comment