
If you have been around kids, you know they often say random things, at random moments. This is actually one of my favorite things about my kids. It is fun to hear what is going on in their brains at any given moment, even though I often don't understand where it comes from. Here is a recent example that happened during lunch time one day.
Everyone involved in conversation about the day.
Emery to me: "If you drink blood, you die." (in between statement and question) (???maybe from watching man vs wild??)
Me: "Well, I you wouldn't necessarily die, but you might get sick."
Emery: "Well, if you stepped in lava, you would die." (again between statement and question)
Me: "I guess you could die if you stepped in lava. Definitely lava would burn you." (trying to keep a straight face...where is this coming from???)
Conversation continues about other things. Then a few minutes later...
Emery: "So, we should be careful about blood and lava!"
No longer could myself or the two older kids keep a straight face. Laughing, my reply was, "Yes, I guess we should be careful about blood and lava". Good to see logic developing in my almost 4 year old! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment