Monday, October 23, 2006

Coming to terms with mortality

Taylor got some fish for his birthday. Today the first one died. He is having a hard time understanding what "death" means. Earlier today I told him that we had to throw it away. He was not pleased to hear this. He said, "But I love my fish, and my fish loves me!" Heartbreaking words for a Dad to hear. We told him that tomorrow we'll have to flush it down the toilet. We'll see how that goes...

On a different note, tonight we were sitting around the kid's toy kitchen and Taylor said, "I'm usually a good cook, but sometimes I pick my nose." I'm glad to hear he understands that finding a booger in my soup would not be my preference.

4 comments:

emily said...

HILARIOUS! I LOVE him!!

Joanna Kay said...

I literally laughed LOUD out loud and interrupted my quiet apartment to tell my three visitors what I had just read. Only to be met with a "that's nice" smile from my roommate and blank stares from the others. *Sigh....*

Anonymous said...

Hey Nielsons! I was so delighted to discover the "nielsonkids" blog page via Joshua Kelley's blog page. You should know that not only did the ant story delight me, but I've spent the past 30 minutes looking at every picture on this site! I was so sad when I found out that y'all had moved, but being able to keep up with the costumes and the stories and all the cuteness will be great! Tell Taylor and Autumn that I say "Hi!" and that I miss them a lot!

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, we found your blog through Joshua Kelley's blog. We are so glad to see pictures of you guys since we havent seen you since you left Nashvegas. Cheryl and I cracked up reading over some of the things that Taylor says. I can just imagine him saying those things. You guys are great. Keep us updated!
Love,
Jeremy and Cheryl