Saturday, October 10, 2009

Kids version of an Egyptian pyramid

In history, we have been talking about Egypt and learning about how and why the pyramids were built. One of the things I love about the University Model, is that I get to be a part of what Taylor is learning. During one of our at home days, Taylor and Autumn built their own impromptu pyramid. They showed not only amazing creativity but also incredible detailed accuracy in what we'd been reading about.
Autumn and Taylor with finished pyramid


Workers pulling the sledge (carries stones up to the top of the pyramid)


Robber spying


Top of the pyramid with capstone (the top piece)


Chiseler


Painter (see the little paintbrush in his hand), paints the inside of the pyramid


Mummy with his treasure inside the sarcophagus (stone coffin)


Mummy

3 comments:

Shadley said...

That is really fun!!

Our Blessed Nest said...

Yay!! I love this:) Were you guys reading more details in a library book or other? Great job Taylor and Autumn!

knielsen said...

I think they got a lot of the detail from "The Great Wonder"(one of the books in our literature kit for Veritas) and "You wouldn't want to be a Pyramid Builder" (from the 1st grade library:)). Taylor eats up all the Egypt stuff!